Primary Hemp Fiber
All of the primary hemp fiber produced and sold by Hempline is made from hemp grown without pesticides and processed without chemicals. The hemp fiber is a uniform natural golden colour typical of field retted stalks. Hemp fiber has a moisture regain of 12% and excellent fiber strength. The primary hemp fiber is pressed into high compression bales to minimize transportation costs.
The primary hemp fiber is available in commercial quantities or by the individual bale and can be shipped internationally. Samples of our hemp fiber are available for testing upon request. The pricing varies based on the fiber specifications, and is comparable or more cost effective than many natural and synthetic fibers. Hempline primary hemp fiber is available with the following specifications and features:
- Purity levels between 85% to 99%.
- Available in staples lengths between 1/2" to 5", according to your application.
- Strength to weight ratio comparable to glass fiber.
- Ideally suited to composites requiring high strength, lightweight, ease of recycling and low cost.
- Easy to process.
- Packaging and quantities according to your requirements.
- Logistics and shipping ccan be arranged for most locations.
- A specific fiber can be designed to meet your needs.
- Applications include: a range of composites such as automotive, furniture and construction; nonwovens and felt; specialty pulp and paper;fibre for hydro mulch and geo-matting; cement and plaster reinforcements; insulation.
Please contact us for primary hemp fiber info or samples.